Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 6 - Budget time!

Budget tip for the day: buy frozen pre-cut peppers and onions instead of fresh.

So today is the day I start looking at what I want to cook next week. I went price shopping at BJs today to see if it's cheaper to buy in bulk. Nuts are a good deal at this time of year.  I salivated over the large pieces of salmon and organic vegetables. I was looking at their poultry section and I was amazed at the selection of free-range, vegetarian fed chicken they have. I bought 3 lbs of almost-organic (free range, no antibiotics, veg fed, humanely raised, etc) chicken drumsticks for $3.30. I couldn't pass it up. The organic frozen fruit was about the same price as at the local grocery store.

OK, tomorrow is grocery day, and let's see if I can do this on a bit of a budget!

Does anyone else have any ideas for eating paleo on a budget? I love the PaleoOnABudget blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment