Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 13 - Grocery Bill Tips

Budget tip of the day: buy frozen veggies. Stock up on cucumbers this time of year (skin them before you eat, though, unless you buy organic.)

Our grocery bill (food) - $82
Paleo stuff  - $42

This included:
Rice dream milk - 3.86
Turkey breast Cutlets - $3.99
Frozen spinach - $1.50
Frozen peaches - $2.48
100% cranberry juice - $2.78
Peppermint tea - $2.38 ($1 coupon)
Vitamins - $2.94
Bacon - $3.98
Limes - $.44
Grapefruit - $.68
Coconut - $1.72
Eggs - $2.88
Eggs - $2.88
Organic apples - $4.97
Kiwi - $.30
Cucumbers (3) - $1.44
Bananas - $1.37
? - $1.83

Total: $42.42

I didn't need to buy a lot of veggies because I already have everything frozen. Meat this week will be turkey and bacon. I have to get rice milk because almond milk upsets my stomach. We got the cage free eggs - but not necessarily Omega 3, sorry. I didn't need nuts because I already made the granola this week. Also, I had some chicken chili in the crockpot ready to go for tonight and the next couple of days. My husband got his regular fare of frozen waffles, french toast, burritoes, and chimichangas, as well as the slow carb beans and chicken italian sausage.

So, the paleo diet isn't that expensive, after all. What do you do to save money?

No comments:

Post a Comment